No question is ever too Salty!
The most convenient way to get your order started is by contacting our customer service at (941) 357-5448. We will guide you through your order process from start to finish.
Any questions, concerns, suggestions, or comments, are always welcome.
Can I visit your shop?
Of course, you can! We encourage you to! Although we are glad that you are here online, we invite you to stop by one of our showrooms.
Our staff will walk you through our showroom and help you get your project started. We have actual samples of apparel and merchandise, as well as examples of the different print/embroidered pieces for your consideration.
What to expect: Start-to-Finish
- Let’s figure your needs: Talk directly with us by calling (941) 357-5448, or Design-Your-Own using Salty Printing’s Design Studio online.
- Ordering Process: Your order will commence once payment is received in full, or by other previously-agreed terms. Ordering and/or payment can be made in person, directly from our Salty Printing Design Studio, or online if you have received an invoice electronically.
- Proof & Approval process: On all orders (new and repeat) we will send you an art proof for your review within 1-2 business days. You will also receive an order approval with the items you ordered along with pricing. If you don’t receive the proof in that time frame, please bring that to our attention, for we are not aware that you didn’t receive it.
The production turn time starts the next business day after art and order approval are signed off on. Does not include national holidays if these fall on a business day.
- Printing Process: You just let us handle that and then your order will be ready for you to pick-up, or to be shipped.
- Limitations and Other: We will communicate relevant info with you throughout the process. Although we pride ourselves on a fast turnaround of quality printed apparel, merchandise and other products, please be aware that sometimes unforeseen things happen that are beyond our control.
The production clock starts after final approval of your Order and Artwork. Typical turn time is 10-14 business days after final approvals.
- Production Time: 7-14 business days after final approval of artwork and order. This allows us enough time to place orders to our suppliers, allow for inbound shipping time, decoration, folding and boxing your order.
- New Embroidery Designs: 5-7 business days to digitize and sample your logo. We can email you a photo of the stitched design or you can stop by our shop to view the physical sewn sample. Then the approval and embroidery process takes another 5-7 business days. You will need to approve the design before we decorate it on garments.
- New Custom Designs: We can create custom designs for direct-to-garment printing, screen printing, and embroidery. The design process takes 7-10 days based on the complexity of the design.
- Vectoring and Simple Art Cleanup: Simple vectoring and art cleanup take 2-3 days. The cleaner the logo the easier to vectorize.
- In-Hands Date: Orders are produced on-demand for your due date. Garments needed in a few days from your order placement date will be more expensive than those needed in a few weeks.
Can I ship my order?
Yes. We can arrange special shipping depending on needs and capabilities. Shipping costs to be determined based on destination. You can also pick-up your order at any of our locations.
Pricing • Fees • Payment Terms
What is your minimum order quantity?
- Embroidery Garments: 6
- Embroidery Caps: 6
- Direct-to-Garment (DTG): 1 shirt
- Screen-printing: 36 (of same finished product)
- Promotional Products: Varies based on item
- Customer Supplied Garments: 6 pieces or to-be-determined
- Customer Supplied Caps: 12 caps
Under Minimum Charge: $75.00
Firm minimums on Screen Print and Customer Garments.
Set-up Fees Setup Fees do not include Artwork Time.
- Art Setup Fee (Direct-To-Garment / Dye-Sublimation / Screen Printing): One-time fee $35.00 per logo/art of high resolution
- Digitizing Fee (Embroidery): One-time fee of $35.00 for a standard left chest or cap logo. Larger designs please ask for a quote.
- Artwork Charges: Creative and “clean-up” artwork are billed at $60.00 per hour.
- Promotional Product Setup Fees: Setup fees are different based on the item you are ordering. Coffee mugs, pens, etc. all have different setup fees.
What are your payment terms?
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- New Customers: Payment in-full up-front.
- Returning Customers: 50% down and balance at pick-up or shipping.
- Net 10 Terms: Established customers with a credit application on file. Please call us for terms.
Salty Printing forms can be downloaded here.
Do you guarantee your product?
Your satisfaction is important to us. If what you approved is not what you received, we will work with you on correcting it. Please contact us within 7 business days if you are not satisfied.
- Type of Garment: For almost every product type, we have an inexpensive, mid-range, and high-end option. There are many styles to choose from, not just t-shirts!
- Quantity Ordered: Due to the setup involved in screen printing, the more shirts you order, the lower your price will be as you pass price break points.
- Number of Locations Printed: Each location requires a new setup and runs for your imprint. A front print only will always be cheaper than a front and back print.
- Number of Colors on Each Design: The number of colors in each design affects the run time and set up for each location. A one color print will be less expensive than a three color print. If you have a lot of colors and tones of colors in your design, a process print may be a cheaper solution.
Is there a surcharge for sizes over XL?
Yes, there is a surcharge for garments bigger than XL. The bigger sizes use more fabric to produce.
Is there a surcharge for additional stitches in a logo?
All the pricing includes an embroidered logo with up to 8,000 stitches. There is a surcharge for logos above 8,000 stitches. Your sales rep can review your logo and see how many stitches are in it.
Do you accept verbal approvals?
All approvals must be in writing via email, signed-off in person or faxed over. No verbal approvals.
What if I don’t have a design?
Custom Graphic Artwork: Our experienced art department can help you create your custom design. Art creation is billed by the hour.
Do you offer quantity discounts?
Discounts are based on the number of items purchased. 12-24 shirts 25-48 shirts etc. The more items you purchase the bigger of discount.
Please note: quantity discounts are based on the type of logo being embellished. Embroidery, Direct-to-Garment (DTG), Cap Embroidery, and Screen Print, all have different quantity discounts. To receive the quantity discount, the order must have the same logo and embellishment type.
Is there special pricing for large orders?
Generally, we get a discount from our supplier on larger orders, so pricing is better for you. Please contact us for special pricing.
Are your prices competitive?
Our prices are competitive, however, if you are trying to find the cheapest embroidery shop we wouldn’t be a good fit. Price match may be considered, upon review.
Can I supply my own items for decoration?
Bringing your own garments to us for decoration is not a profitable business model for us. We provide the garment with custom decoration. There are other shops that will accept your garments however, you will end up paying more overall than buying the complete package.
We can save you money by purchasing the product for you because of our volume discount with several vendors.
Under certain circumstances, we may accept your provided garments. The minimum order size is 6 pieces. We can only accept for garment embroidery. For caps, DTG, and screen print we provide the entire package.
Same as Last Order?
All orders are considered new orders and must go through the proofing process. You will receive an art and order approval from us within 1-2 business days. This process guarantees you will receive the same order as last time.
I am a new customer. What information do you need?
When we are setting you up as a new account, we will need the following information:
- Company Name
- Contact Name
- Email Address
- Cell Phone
- Work Phone
What is a setup fee and what is it for?
A setup fee covers the time it takes to set up your logo in certain formats and to provide proofing.
Digitizing for Embroidery
A computer file that tells the embroidery machine how to stitch the design.
Creating the film and screens used in the printing process.
What is an embroidery file, Vector or Raster File?
- Embroidery Files: Embroidery files are only used to drive embroidery machines; they give machines the coordinates and sequence of each stitch in a design and prompt when to change colors. Common file types are .DST, .EXP.
- Vector Files: Vector files are made of lines, points, and curves that can be resized without loss of image quality and are easily altered. Common software packages that create vectors are Adobe IIIustrator and CorelDRAW and common file types are: .AI, .CDR and .EPS. Images and artwork pulled from websites are not vectored artwork and generally can never be used for high-quality artwork.
- Raster Files: Raster files are made of pixels, or individual dots of color, and can’t be altered very easily. These files lose quality when upscaled, so they must look clean and crisp at the physical size of your finished print. The most common software used to create raster files is Adobe Photoshop and common file types are: .PSD. BMP, .TIFF, .JPG, .PNG and .GIF. However, the latter three types, when found on the internet, lose color and clarity to save bandwidth; therefore, they are rarely of high enough quality.
Premium Direct-To-Garment Treatment
Due to the nature of our premium digital printing process, garments are conditioned with a pre-treatment solution. While this conditioner is safe and non-toxic, it may feel oily to the touch. To easily remove it, we recommend washing the garment prior to wearing.
What type of art files can I bring in?
Vectorized artwork is the best, but even a 300 dpi JPEG can work. Vectorized artwork is created using Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw.
To create an embroidery design we will need to digitize it from a high-resolution artwork.
Artwork from websites is not high resolution. The easiest way is to email all your files to us and our art department can determine if they will work.
How do I select thread colors/ink colors?
We can help you select the correct thread or ink colors. We have a thread color chart with our available thread colors. These threads are made of rayon, which is not industrial wash compliant.
Ink Colors: We can match PMS colors for screen printing. Direct-to-Garment we use CMYK. We can match as close as possible to a PMS color; however, it may be off a few shades.
Can you embroider heavy-weight jackets?
It is extremely difficult to embroider heavy-weight jackets. Many times, the embroidery hoops will pop out and possibly leave a needle hole in the jacket. We recommend purchasing jackets from us that embroider fantastically.
Do you provide personalization?
Yes, we can personalize your embroidered apparel with your first and last name, or monogram style.
What are some popular logo placements?
- Left Chest: 90% of all logos are here
- Right Chest (generally monograms)
- Full Front: great for printing, but not embroidery
- Full Back: great for printing and full back embroidery on jackets
- Cap Front
- Cap Back (great for websites or phone numbers)
- Cap Left Panel: (very popular for a small discreet embroidered logo)
Embroidery does have some limitations since we are working with thread. Small text, fine detail and color gradients can be difficult to reproduce with embroidery.
Screen print vs. Direct-to-Garment (DTG) Printing
Screen printing is best for 2-3 colored logos with quantities of 72 or more shirts. DTG has no limitation on ink colors and no minimum orders. DTG is a water-based ink with a light and soft hand to the print. To achieve the best quality on a DTG print is to use a 100% cotton shirt.
Is it better pricing to screen print or embroider?
Screen printing is not necessarily cheaper than embroidery. Multi-colored screen prints with quantities less than 72 shirts and generally within $2.00 - $3.00 of embroidery prices.
Why is my print not as vibrant as the computer screen approval?
Computer screen color varies depending on the monitor. The computer virtual sample will always have a brighter looking print than the actual printed or embroidered sample. We can logo pre-production samples for a nominal fee if you feel it is necessary. This will delay the order turn-around significantly.
Do you provide company online stores?
Yes. We can provide your company, team and/or fundraising online retail stores, in which Salty Printing will handle from start-to-finish, receiving orders, process payment and fulfillment, directly with your customers, so that you will not have to. Therefore, saving time and money, without any inventory that can take up your space.
In addition, we can provide online re-order stores, which makes it easy to order and collect money from members. Please call us for more information, go to the e-Commerce section on this site.
If you will be reselling items and don’t want to be charged Florida State Sales Tax, then please provide your Florida State Reseller’s permit before placing your order. We are unable to take the tax off after the order is invoiced and paid for.
What is an Artwork Licensing Agreement?
Rights: All Images, digitized files, and rights relating to them, including copyright and ownership rights in the media, in which the Images are stored, remain the sole and exclusive property of Salty Printing. This license provides the Client with the rights to reproduce only by Salty Printing. Additional fees and express permission are needed to reproduce the images and digitized files that are not related to the above terms.
The customer is paying for the time and labor involved creating artwork or a digitized file. The logo we created can only be reproduced at Salty Printing. Salty Printing owns the copyright and reproduction rights.
Can I print copyrighted artwork?
We do not print any artwork that is copyrighted. Artwork, images, quotes found on the internet are all copyrighted.
Salty Printing + Earth
Our direct-to-garment and screen printing inks are water-based. As for the apparel and merchandise, we seek to obtain American-made products. Organic products can be provided upon request, and are subject to stock and/or product availability.
Are you hiring?
We are always looking for new members of our team. Please drop off a resume, or stop in and fill out an application to our Cortez or Lakewood Ranch locations.
To look at actual samples, selections and more,
we invite you to visit our showrooms or contact us below.
From creative design services to quality custom printed apparel and products,
from fulfillment to customer satisfaction,
here at SaltyPrinting. . .
We’ve got your back!